Family Membership is defined in this exerpt from Article III of the MCP By-Laws:
- A family membership shall be defined as a husband and/or wife and/or domestic partner and all children under the age of twenty-one (21) residing within the same household. Also included in the family membership category are unmarried children under the age of twenty-three (23) years who are full-time students or who are serving in the Armed Forces of the United States. In the event that either or both parents of either or both the husband and/or wife shall reside with and be dependent for support upon either the husband and/or the wife, that parent or those parents shall be considered a member of the family for the purposes of this membership category. A Fresh Air Fund child or other charitable ward residing with a family shall be considered a member of the family for the purposes of this membership category.
- In addition to the definition of family membership set forth above, the Board of Trustees, upon recommendation of the Membership Committee, shall have the authority in individual cases to include within the family membership any one or more of the following:
- Unmarried children over the age of twenty-three (23) years who are full-time students or members of the Armed Forces of the United States. In the case of those children who are full-time students, it shall also be necessary that they be fully dependent on the head of the household for their support and maintenance.
- Children over the age of twenty-one (21) years who are considered helpless in that they are unable to pursue gainful employment sufficient to allow them to support themselves and who therefore remain fully dependent on the head of the household for their support and maintenance.
- Non-dependent members of the same household may join upon payment of annual dues equivalent to those for a single membership and are not subject to a capital assessment.